Our Goal: Bring a little hope to our community by filling social media feeds with a little positivity and show support for the businesses and organizations that make Bangor (and the Bangor region) the place we call home.
If you are sitting at home and wondering how to help, the list below is for you!
We ask that you take a photo, live stream, upload a video, etc. using the #backingbangor to show how you are participating and supporting our region.
Here is are just some suggestions on how you can help in #backingbangor:
- Donate to the United Way of Eastern Maine- COVID-19 Response Fund
- Host a Virtual Food Drive
- Support local shops and restaurants by purchasing a gift card online. Check out your favorite shop and eateries website to see what they offer, or give them a call! (Example: Geaghan’s Pub e-giftcards can be automatically sent to phones or emails)
- Order from Curbside/Takeout/ Delivery. This list from the City of Bangor is ever-changing. Keep checking back for updates.
- Listen to an audiobook– Yes, this helps!
- Enjoy a spot of tea – virtually!
- Share how your business expertise can be used to help others answer their questions. (Example: An accountant might share information about the tax deadline moving)
- Have other ideas? Share them with #backingbangor so others can see!
Don’t forget to share on your social media platforms how you are #backingbangor!